Thursday, July 17, 2008

6 Month Pictures

Evan discovered his penis the other night when Dave was changing his bedtime diaper. Now, typical of a male, he doesn't want to let it go. Ha.

I took Evan to have his 6 month portraits taken at Picture People on Monday. Nightmare. I purposely scheduled the appointment for late morning, assuming he would be well-fed and well-rested by then. Yeah, not so much. He wouldn't nap in the morning, so he was a fussy baby. It took all of my power to keep him happy the entire session. Plus, he is still unable to sit up unassisted and still hates tummy time (he immediately flips back to his back), so the poor photographer had very limited posing options (perhaps a "real" portrait studio could have done more, but it's probably good I didn't spend a ton of money). Sadly, we had to prop him in the bouncer for most of the shots. Drat. I was really hoping he'd be able to sit by these pictures. Oh, and because I was thinking his entire body would be in most of the shots, I picked his outfits based on that. But most of them were closeups, so the "fashion" effect I was hoping for didn't work out. Oh well. I think I'll just take him back in a month or two for a fun session. Maybe in U of M gear or something.

Regardless of the issues, a few of the pictures are quite cute. We ordered these two and will likely get additional ones. I should have the link with all of the shots soon.




No comments: