Friday, August 1, 2008

Veggie Tales

The high chair is here! After MUCH research and discussion, we opted to get the Boon Flair chair. It has a pneumatic lift, a removable tray (which allows it to pull right up to the table), and is extremely easy to clean. Plus, it looks cool. And Boon is a great company who gives part of their proceeds to charity.

Here is the chair:


Evan has finally started eating solids! We started with rice cereal, which...ew, and then moved on to oatmeal. He seems to tolerate it a bit more.

Checking out his oatmeal-covered spoon:



Last Tuesday, I made butternut squash for his first veggie. It was really quite easy, considering I'm not a cook. I used this super-cool babyfood maker called the Beaba Babycook. It's an all-in-one steamer/defroster/blender.

Baked squash (oops, failed to remove the stickers):



Pureed squash:


Squash face:


Evan really isn't crazy about squash yet, so I froze the remainder and will try again at a later date. Next up is avocado, which should be really easy because no cooking is involved. Then probably sweet potatoes or carrots.

I'm pretty sure I won't be making all of Evan's baby food, but there is no reason I can't at least make some of it. We'll see!

No comments: